Learn how to hand-embroider by joining Fine Cell Work's new Virtual Stitch Club.
Our resident stitch expert, Wendy Cramer, will be on hand every Friday from 2pm to answer your stitching questions.
Follow our instructions as you watch:
- Pull your needle through to the front of the cloth
- Place it back where you just came out
- Before you pull it all the way through, make sure you can see a loop
- Insert the needle (from the back) a little further along your line
- Pull it through
- You have caught the loop, and made a chain
- Pull it gently so that it lies flat against the cloth
- To make your second stitch go back in where your needle came out making sure it is inside the chain you just made
- Pull your needle back in, making sure you can still see a loop
- Bring your needle up further along the line you are stitching
- Pull it gently flat
- To finish off your work, catch your last loop by taking your needle and making a tiny stitch through from the front to the back