Fundraising and Events Officer Job Vacancy June 27, 2019 17:02
Fundraising and Events Officer Job Vacancy
The deadline for applicants is Friday 19th July at 5pm.
Working Hours: Full-time, 5 days a week (37.5 hours)
Salary: £24,000 with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Applicants must be available for interview on Tuesday 23rd July. Second interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on Thursday 24th/Fri 25th July.
We are looking for a dynamic, personable, self-motivated, extremely organised individual to provide vital and invaluable support in grants and donor fundraising as well as supporting fundraising and profile-raising events. The successful candidate will work alongside the Executive and Founding Directors and the Events & Communications Manager with events, sales and the research and support of applications to Trusts and Foundations. This diverse and varied role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to broaden their existing knowledge of fundraising.
What we can offer
As part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of fundraising streams under the leadership of a significantly experienced fundraiser. You will also support the planning and execution of events in some unique and prestigious venues, working alongside high profile supporters, volunteers and donors of Fine Cell Work. This role offers wide scope for personal and professional development.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Researching and applying to small grant-making organisations
- Working alongside the Founding Director to prepare a case for support to at least one major funder each year
- Collating data and case studies to support reports to Trusts and Foundations
- Collating data relating to FCW’s programmes for monitoring and evaluation purposes - working alongside the wider team and supported by an external evaluator
- Assisting with the creation and development of written material to support fundraising.
- Supporting the roll-out of Fine Cell Work’s individual giving programme to reach annual growth targets
- Responsibility to maintain and update Salesforce (CRM) with Trusts and Foundations, individual donor income and supports
- Planning, execution and follow-up of small events throughout the year
- Lead on logistics for Fine Cell Work’s annual Christmas event, including recruiting volunteers, managing guests lists, venue liaison and post-event follow up.
- Logistic lead for the preparation and coordination of FCW’s talk programme
- Support to the Directors of Fine Cell Work
- Other tasks to assist the team as required
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level 2:1 or above
- Demonstrable fundraising experience
- Excellent spoken and written English, including good grammar
- Excellent time-management and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another CRM database
- Strong communication skills and a confident approach when communicating with donors and supporters
- Ability to work to targets
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills
- Strong computer skills across all Microsoft programmes including Outlook
- Good level of fitness to assist with setting up events
How to apply
Please submit a CV and covering letter of no more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how your skills and experience meet the job specification. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.