Design and Commissions Intern December 12, 2017 14:15
We are looking for a Design and Commissions Intern to join our friendly team on a short-term basis.
Location: Battersea, SW8
Working hours: ideally 3 days per week; 6 hours a day, for a 3 month period
Application deadline: Friday 12th January 2018 at 5pm
Salary: Voluntary basis; reasonable travel and lunch costs reimbursed
Fine Cell Work is going through an exciting time to grow revenue generated opportunities. This is a great opportunity for a creative, organised, details oriented person to gain valuable experience and hands-on knowledge of working in a dynamic and forward-looking charity.
We are looking for an intern who will support the Design & Commissions Team in the administration, preparation and co-ordination necessary to deliver high quality bespoke projects to paying customers and expand the collection of hand made cushions and other products available to buy.
The role will incorporate completing specifications forms for new products and commissions, maintaining spreadsheets and writing instructions for stitchers. It will involve assisting the Design & Commissions team with the production of samples for new products eg. sourcing materials, arranging screen/digital printing. The role will include some computer artworking and conversion of designs into needlepoint charts.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Completing specifications forms for new products and commissions
- Data entry to spreadsheets relating to new design planning and cost of sales
- Writing instructions for new products and samples
- Sourcing materials for commissions
- Sending off samples to be screen/digital printed
- Converting (basic) designs into needlepoint charts
- Producing computer mock ups of new products
- Other tasks to assist the team as required
Skills and Experience
- A real interest in textiles and embroidery
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain and organise digital data and files
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrable co-ordination skills
- An interest in the aims and ethos of Fine Cell Work.
What we offer
This is a great opportunity for a graduate to gain valuable and intensive design and commissions experience in the field, playing a key role in a dynamic and creative textiles enterprise with an international reputation. It is an exciting time for the charity as we have just moved into a new space and opened the Fine Cell Work Hub – working with ex prisoners in a workshop environment. We are working on a diverse range of high profile commissions and expanding our range of hand made products. This is the first time this internship has been offered so the right candidate can really make it their own. We provide an induction and regular supervision and support sessions with your line manager to ensure you are getting the most out of your internship.
How to apply
Please send a CV and brief covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this role and what benefit you would gain from it to email@example.com writing REF: Design and Commissions Intern in the subject line.